How to: A new cute up ‘do
Got a wedding coming up soon? Need a new look for a birthday party? Just want to look super cute at your next do… or simply want to impress your co-workers with the cutest hair ever? This cute new up ‘do is the thing for you! Thanks to our gorgeous Australian beauty editor Lauren for this hair tutorial.
1. Start with clean hair
2. Separate into 4 sections (try twistbands for snag free fun)
3. Take the two outer sections and lightly fluff/tease with a brush or comb, simply to build a little texture
4. The twist them from head to ends, on both sides
5. Get your model to hold them (while you do the rest of the work!)
6. Plait the two central bunches of hair
Be sure to mess them up a little - this look us all about rustic!
8. Then forget about them. Grab the two outer bunches (twisted) and bring together, twisting as you go. They will form one long ‘twisty’ piece of hair, as shown.
9. Then twist it around on itself until it forms a cute mini-bun (similar shape to a topknot)
10. Then take your plaits and weave them up and around the twisted hair on the sides of your models head (this may take a few ‘weaves’ - 2 times for us here)
11. Once both plaits are weaved in, bobby pin them into place, including any stray bits of hair. Just keep tucking them in as you go, adding a bobby pin here and there.
Finish with a tonne of hairspray and feel free to pull a few more bits and pieces out to make it more textured.
12. Smile! Be happy! Love your cute new up ‘do!
Thanks to my lovely model, Maddy (my little sister) who let me to play with her freshly washed hair, only hours before she boarded her flight to LA last weekend!
There you have it bellas! Any girl will look super cute with this up do, will you give it a go? Practice makes perfect but remember, keep this look a little messy and ‘lived in’ so it doesn’t look to princess-y! Enjoy! - Lauren